Saturday 2 December 2017

A Birthday Road Trip!!

Hello to all you gorgeous gals out there in blogland! I hope you are enjoying the start of your weekend. It's been an adventurous one so far for us, with a special road trip today.

I shared earlier this week that it was Mum's birthday & today my Beloved Geek Boy & I took Mum on a birthday road trip adventure to celebrate. Oh ... We took Dad too! :0) We started our adventure by heading down the 'hill' to Esk for lunch at a fave spot, the Nash Gallery & Cafe.


Paper on the table & crayons ... I just HAD to play! :0)


I know ... We're a motley looking crew! :0)


Three of us enjoyed grilled snapper, salad & chippies ... Dad had well-well-well done steak with a double serve of chippies-hold-the-salad. :0) 


Someone else had a little play with the crayons. Tee! Hee! Hee!
 
Then it was time to hit the road again & we took a road less traveled to make our way up a scenic but winding narrow road to the top of Mt Glorious. 


Since it had been a whole 3/4 of an hour since we'd eaten or drunk, we had coffee & carrot cake at a lovely quiet cafe amongst the TAAAAAAAALL forest trees, listening to whip birds & bell birds. Not too shabby. :0)

Then it was time to keep following the winding road, through the edge of Brisbane & back up our 'hill' via a gravel backtrack & home for dinner ...


... Sirloin steak topped with prawns in creamy garlic sauce & accompanied by fresh salads ... YUMMO! I think we managed to squeeze all of the birthday enjoyment & fun out of today that we could. :0) Mum says she's feeling loved & special ... Which is good ... Because she IS loved & special! :0)

So ... What are YOU up to this weekend? Whatever you're doing I hope you make some time to hang out with the special people in your life ... They're the moments that matter! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 


 
 


 


 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Can't beat a food and road trip to celebrate - surely you could have found at least one patchwork shop????

Maria said...

Perfect way to spend a weekend. Good company ,good food and a nice trip.
I visited my GD and two GGD Saturday after my dip
and sewed Sunday after my dip..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...