Friday 23 December 2016

Nearly Christmas!

G'day to everyone in blogland from summery Queensland! There's actually a nice cool breeze blowing today, but the humidity feels like there are storms brewing. While we could definitely use the rain, we're happy to skip the wild winds & lightning. The cicadas are tuning up & by dusk will be almost deafening. And with everything so dry, we've been getting some visitors to our back garden to enjoy a cool drink ...


There's a flock of these yellow tailed black cockatoos that lives in our area & while we would occasionally get half a dozen or so coming in, we've been getting 30-40 visiting us in the last couple of weeks. They're noisy critters but very polite, taking turns to drink before flying off.

When I haven't been watching cockatoos, I've been doing my usual pre-Christmas present panic. :0) Actually, I haven't done too badly this year, with only one giftie left to finish & only the 'fresh' cooking for Christmas Day left to take care of. All parcels that needed to be posted have arrived safe & sound ... & in time for Christmas - YAY! :0) And that includes my SSCS parcel that winged its way to Germany for my partner Steffi. I can't show you her main giftie as she's being a good girl & keeping it for Christmas Day, but I CAN show you the ornament I made ...


The stitchery is from my "Sweetly Shabby Christmas" pattern & stitched in a lovely red/green Cottage Garden thread before being made up into a mini stocking for Steffi's tree or mantle. Maybe Santa will pop a little surprise into it for her. :0)

My SSCS parcel must still be on Santa's sleigh somewhere. Ah well, it will be a new year's surprise, won't it. :0) Thanks again to the marvellous Chookyblue for hosting the Christmas swap.

And now I'm off to work on that last Christmas giftie. I might get time to pop back before Christmas Day, but in case I don't, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with family & friends ... After all, they are the most valuable gifts we can have. :0) Til next time ...

CHRISTMAS BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS
KRIS


 


 

5 comments:

Janice said...

Merry Christmas to you too.

Maria said...

Wishing your family and you a Very Merry Christmas 🎄 🎅🏻🎄
And All the Best Wishes for 2017 ❤️️🎉❤️️

Great you are all organised and hope your SSCS giftie arrives soon.
Your ornament you made for Sheffi is cute...

Janice said...

Have a very merry christmas in beautiful sunny Queensland. Not so great weather here. We are under a weather warning and are expecting 20cm of snow by tomorrow morning!!! Hope it doesn't make the roads too bad as we are expecting 12 family members tomorrow night! Oh well, we're pretty used to it here and a dump of snow doesn't usually keep people at home (I hope)! So think of us when you are sitting outside with a nice cool drink!!!

Cheryll said...

Merry Christmas to you too Kris as well. May you and your family enjoy a safe & happy time... xox

Chookyblue...... said...

you made a lovely ornament for your SSCS partner Steffi..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...