Thursday 4 June 2015

A Quick Trip!

Here I am, a week after my last post ... and I'm pretty sure that Dr Who and his wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff have been messing with me again, cos it seems like just yesterday that it was Thursday. EEP! The year is just zooming by WAY too fast for me!! :0)

Now, part of the reason this week seems to have disappeared is the fact that we took a little trip last weekend four hours north to Childers, where Mum and Dad were house-sitting for a couple of weeks. It was a "two-birds-one-stone" kind of deal ... we got a weekend away without having the cost of accommodation, plus we were only a hop-skip-and-a-jump from my Grandma at Bargara. Don't you love it when a plan comes together?! :0)

So off we went to Grandma's house ... wait! ... I seem to remember that happening in a fairy tale and things not working out so well! Tee! Hee! Hee! We started our visit with my Beloved Geek Boy installing a new TV for Grandma ... at 92, she says she's starting to get forgetful (what's MY excuse!!) and was starting to have trouble with dealing with two remotes. (TV and set-top box) So now she has a bigger screen to watch her beloved Broncos and only has to worry about one remote. We left her with a list of easy instructions ... and GB's mobile number! :0) And we'd worked up an appetite, so it was off to the local tavern for lunch ...

Here's me telling Grandma to "smile nice"! :0) She looks pretty sprightly for 92, don't you think? Grandma ... not ME!! Cheeky gals!! :0)

The weekend also included some relaxing time kicking back with Mum and Dad at a lovely little boutique winery that we found near Childers ... Ohana Winery And Exotic Fruit. We had a YUMMY cheese platter lunch, followed by some tasting and tippling ... HIC!! Tee! Hee! Hee! The winery is run by a lovely, friendly young couple who moved from the opposite side of Australia two years ago to buy the winery and make their mark after learning their craft in the Western Australian wine region. I think these fun people are going to go far. We were pretty impressed with the port and several of the liqueurs were YUMMO and will be DELICIOUS poured over vanilla ice-cream. MMMMMM !! Oops! I'm drooling on the keyboard now! Tee! Hee! Hee! Let's just say ... we stocked up!!! :0)

We're not really closet soaks, I promise you! There was a great "Buy 6 Get The 7th Free" deal going on and we weren't sure when we'd get back to Childers again ... so ...! (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge! That's our story and we're sticking to it!! ) Strawberry liqueur, Blackberry liqueur, Golden Rum liqueur and some smooth port. Do you see the "His" and "Hers" tipples there? :0)

And then we were back into another busy, hectic, crazy week. So ... no sewing here this week ... but the OPAM gals have been stitching up a storm. My GORGEOUS Partner-In-OPAM-Crime Sweet Peg and I have done our blog-hopping and the prize draw will be happening in the next few days, so make sure you check back with us. And if you haven't yet emailed your tally to Sweet Peg or me ... QUICK!!! You've got a day or two at most before you miss out!

Right now, however, my nose is startling to tingle with the cold (temps have dipped below zero for the last three nights running and Jack Frost has been painting our back deck crispy white - EEK!) so I'm off to crawl into my nice warm bed and pretend I'm a hibernating bear who doesn't have to come out til spring ... wishful thinking! :0) Hope your week has been fab and that your weekend includes some fun stuff. Til next time ...

BRRRRRRR! BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


1 comment:

Mistea said...

Sounds like you had a fun week and found some delicious food and drink in the area too. Bonus.
Enjoy your weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...