Sunday 10 May 2015

Happy Mother's Day, Ma!!

It was Mother's Day here in Australia today (and a few other spots around the world!)  ... a time to thank our Mums for all they do for us and for all they mean to us ... though hopefully we remember to do that ALL the time!


This is one of my fave pics of my Mum and me ... it's not really the most flattering to either of us, but it brings back memories of a lovely Mother's Day two years ago at Montville when Mum, Dad, my Beloved Geek Boy and I spent a day dodging rain showers, having a picnic in a national park and exploring the pretty Montville/Maleny area.  And we're laughing ... something that happens a LOT when our family spends time together! :0)

 Oddly enough, since Mum and Dad are living with us til they find their 'forever home' in the retirement village where I work ... Mum wasn't here for Mother's Day. She and Dad are spending a week with HER Mum ... my 92 year old Grandma ...

This (as you can see from the date!!) was taken last year for Mother's Day when we took Grandma out for a nice lunch. Both of these lovely ladies have helped shape the person I am today ... the good, the bad and the slightly warped! :0) I think I'm pretty fortunate to have two such wonderful role models. And they must've done something right, cos I don't think I turned out TOO badly?! :0)

Even though Mum wasn't here on Mother's Day, I DID organise a treat for her before they headed off ... GB and I cooked a special meal on Friday night ... steak topped with creamy garlic prawns, served with a potato/sweet potato/pumpkin cheesy bake and steamed zucchini, followed by a dessert of lemon self-saucing pudding with custard, all washed down with some sparkling apple juice. And if I do say so myself ... it was YUMMO! :0) I also bought her a new and pretty watch ... which she says loses a minute a week ... I told her it's a sign that now that she's retired, she should slow down a bit! Tee! Hee! Hee!

However you celebrated Mother's Day ... whether you spoiled your Mum, were spoiled by kids, or spend some time missing and remembering your Mum, I hope you've all had a lovely relaxing day, reflecting on the blessing of a loving Mum, to recharge the 'ol batteries ready to head back into the week. I've got some pics to share with you of things I've been up to ... but right now, I think I'm off to keep an overdue date with my pillow. :0) Til next time ...

SLEEPY BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


2 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

So lovely to see 3 generation of your family together Kris. You are indeed blessed.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Maria said...

Beautiful photos of you and the special ladies in your life..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...