Tuesday 30 September 2014

What You Do When You're Not Sewing!

Well ... still no sewing happening here ... too many boxes blocking the sewing desk ... not to mention that I haven't quite located my sewing machine yet! :0) Aaahh ... the joys of moving!

So what have I been doing ... besides unpacking boxes, which I suspect I will be doing for the foreseeable future! Well ... one step that has to happen before I can sew again is the unpacking of all of the sewing room 'stuff'. And in a bit of a flow-on affect, I need more storage in my sewing room to replace the ugly-but-serviceable built-in cupboard in my old sewing room. Enter the 'diamond in the rough' ...

... a rather well-worn linen press. Not pretty on the outside ... yet!! :0) But inside ...

... lovely shelves to house my sewing bits and bobs. So, the first step was to give it a clean up, a sand and ...

... a coat of undercoat and its already looking better, don't you think? :0) Now I just have to find time to put some nice fresh paint over the undercoat ... in between having visitors and the rolling series of house-warming parties we seem to be hosting in order to say "THANKS!" to everyone who helped us in our house selling/buying/moving process. :0) Stay tuned for the unveiling of the 'polished diamond' in the not-too-distant-future ... I hope! :0)

And for those who HAVE been sewing ... it's the end of another month, so OPAMers ... have you updated your sidebar lists of finishes and emailed your tally to me or my gorgeous Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg? Well ... QUICKLY!! Do it NOW!! :0) Hopefully you've all had lots of fun creating this month so I can sew vicariously through your lovely finishes. :0)

That's it from me for now ... I promise to be back again soon. I'd like to say I'll be back with some sewing progress, but I'm not making any rash promises! :0) Enjoy the rest of your week. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

PS Cheerio to Steph who's feeling a bit under the weather. Get better soon, Steph!!




7 comments:

Maria said...

Oh Love your Rough Diamond !!
I am sure you will have it looking fabulous soon, sew much great storage in it.

Jeanette said...

Love the diamond in the rough. I feel slighty envious of that storage space. :) Hugs,xx

Cheryll said...

It always takes time to settle in...& you'll probably move things about a bit until you get it PeRFecT for you. What a great find that "diamond" was. :)

Elizabeth said...

Love your Rough Diamond storage cupboard, even love it before you undercoated it. Feeling very envious. You must ge suffering serious withdrawls by now, through no sewing/stitching.

Noela said...

Your cupboard will look great Kris. Hugs.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

This is going to be fantastic xx

Astrid said...

OOOH! Love it! I'm jealous! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...