Friday 4 July 2014

Some Sad News

We received some very sad news today. Do you remember me sharing last year about making a very special quilt for one of my Mum's friends?

A stacked con quilt that the Fabulous Fiona quilted exquisitely for me. It was special because it was to be a comfort quilt for a special lady, Pauline, diagnosed with terminal cancer at just 46 years of age.

We made a trip to Mundubbera specially to deliver the quilt in time for members of the church to write messages of support and encouragement in the light blocks you can see in the coin stacks, so that when her chemo started, this gorgeous lady (second from the left ... my Mum is on the far right) would be wrapped in the love and prayers of her family and friends.

That was just over 12 months ago. Today I received an email from Mum to say that Pauline had finally lost her battle and gone home to be with her Lord. There are tears running down my face again as I type this. Tears for a life ended too soon, mixed with tears of joy that I'll get to hug her again one day in heaven. 

When I shared the story of this special quilt last year, so many of you passed on beautiful messages of support and well-wishes for me to pass along to Pauline with the quilt ... which I did and which she appreciated. So I wanted to let you know that the quilt wrapped her in love and support for a over a year and I hope it will continue to comfort her family.

Life's not always fair, the future doesn't always pan out the way we think/want it to, so EVERY DAY, we need to ...

* Appreciate another day to be enjoyed and used to its fullest potential 

* Choose to see the positive in every situation ... and the humour!

* Spend as much time with family and friends as we can

* Choose not to stay angry with those who are important to us

* Take EVERY opportunity to say I LOVE YOU to the people who matter the most to you!

Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

KRIS



13 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I'm so sorry to read this Kris.....sending Hugs your way xo

Maria said...

So sorry to read your sad post. Sending lots hugs and prayers..

Melody said...

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news too. Big hugs to you and your mum.

KimM said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I know your hearts are heavy. Please know you all are in my prayers.
xxx

KERYN B said...

So sorry to gear your sad news sending you enormous hugs fir you and your mum.

Christine M said...

I'm sorry to hear your news, Kris. I'm sure the quilt meant a lot to Pauline. Sending you hugs, Christine xx

Fiona said...

Oh Kris,so sorry to read this.... sad for her family and of course your family for losing a special friend....
Extra Big Hugz....

F....xx

Marilyn said...

Such a difficult thing to cope with, and her family as well as yours are in my thoughts. Hoping the special quilt with its messages will bring some comfort to her family.
Comfort hugs to you Kris. xxxxx

Danielle said...

I'm so sorry! I'll say prayers for you and all her loved ones! (hugs)

newsurfiegirl said...

Sorry to hear this Kris.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So sorry my dear friend....sending you one huge hug xxx

Simone Harding said...

Kris so sorry to read this news. Hugs to you all.

FloS said...

So sad and so true …
Florence

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...