Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine's Day Brownie Points!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

I know it's a whole lot of hype and yet another way for the shops to trick us into buying over-priced things ... but ... it's FUN, right! :0) We don't always go over the top to celebrate, but we'll often have a special home-cooked dinner or a fave take away and maybe treat each other to a favourite sweetie-treaty ... just some way to enjoy some 'together' time that can sometimes be a bit scarce in a busy work week. This year, though, my Beloved Geek Boy knew he was going to be tied up with work commitments on February 14, so the sneaky little bunny organised a special dinner earlier this week.

He booked a table at our fave restaurant ... Fitzy's on Church ... and when we were seated the lovely waitress delivered some surprises that GB at set up the day before ...

... GORGEOUS flowers, YUMMY Hillier's chocolates and a chilled bottle of bubbly ... AAAAAAAWWWWW!!! What a SWEETIE!!! (please excuse the slightly grainy pics ... they were taken on my phone cos I forgot my camera ... DOH!!) And then there was the food ...

I had Limoncello Chicken with feta, mushroom and chorizo flan ... YUMMM!!! And there was white chocolate and pistachio parfait with mango sorbet ... DOUBLE YUMMMMMM!!! :0) But you'll notice there's no photo of the dessert ... cos I ATE it too quick! Tee! Hee! Hee! And the best part??? Because we weren't celebrating on the actual Valentine's Day ... there were no noisy crowds ... PERFECT!!! Lots of husband brownie points earned by my darling GB ... I think I'll keep him! :0) Love you, Sweetie!!! MWAH!!

Whether you celebrated Valentine's Day or had a 'same old, same old' Thursday ... I hope there was a bright spot to make you smile! :0) Secret Squirrel stitching and pattern instruction writing happening here and that will keep me busy for most of the weekend. I hope your weekend includes some stitching time too. :0) Til next time ...

SQUOOSHY VALENTINE'S DAY BEAR HUGS!!


CHEERS!
KRIS



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Kris he is a keeper what a sweet thing to do,what a wonderful night.xx

Marg said...

How sweet. And you're right it looks YUM! Don't worry, I imagined dessert for you and it looked YUM, too. Being just out of hospital with second youngest daughter (minus her appendix!), we had a lovely family dinner with some very yummy cheeses and little treats. Followed by toblerone, but I didn't actually get any of that. Need to be very quick in our house! Just nice to be home. We also had a very nice bottle of Moscato - quite enjoying the little bit of fizz it brings. Lovely to be all sitting at the one table. And thanks for sharing yours.

Fiona said...

well done GB.... sounds like a scrumptios meal...
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Awww. Some lovely spoiling of you by GB. Sounds like a wonderful night out, and some gorgeous choccies and flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...