Friday 11 May 2012

Sittin' & Stitchin' !!

That's how I'm spending a VERY rare Friday at home ... and I'm LOVING it! :0) Friday is officially my day off work, but with two Fridays a month dedicated to the "Quilting Angels" and many others spent running errands or catching up with friends and family, a full, UNINTERRUPTED day at home is indeed a rare treasure. So ... how do I spend a WHOLE day at home? Here's a clue ...

... some of my fave movies, some hand-stitching, a mug of chai latte ... oh ... and a few little sweety treaties ... just to help keep my strength up to stitch, you understand! Tee! Hee! Hee! The stitching is the beginning of a new design project ... yep ... butterflies feature again. :0) And you can see that I'm not really a 'Chick Flick' kind of chick ... more of an 'Action/Disaster Flick' kind of chick! Hmmm ... not sure what that says about me! Tee! Hee! Hee! These are some of my faves and you could add all of the "Mummy" movies with Brendan Fraser, the first, third and fourth Indiana Jones movies (wasn't all that fussed on number two!!) and a couple of "Die Hard" movies and I'll be in movie Heaven. :0)

I'm off to enjoy that chai latte ... and the sweety treaties! :0) ... and watch another action-packed movie. How do YOU like to spend a day at home?? Are you good and spend it catching up on the housework? Or are you like me, and curl up on the couch with stitching and movies?? What are YOUR fave movies?? I'd love to hear ... and promise not to tease if you DO like girly 'chick flicks' ! :0)

Whatever you're up to, I hope you're well and that the coming weekend holds some time for you to relax and get creative. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!!
CHEERS!
KRIS

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love all those sorts of movies as well Kris so you are not alone,lol,enjoy your day.xx

Amanda said...

I can't be doing with chick flicks either. I had a great day yesterday, sewing all day. On the machine in the morning and hand sewing in the afternoon. I like to listen to audible books on my iPod and just occasionally I'll watch a really old film on the television if one catches my fancy.

Fiona said...

sounds like a lovely relaxing day.... today I started quilting a lovely panel with exciting trucks on.... some chicky flicks I do enjoy, sometimes action, othertimes drama .... or romance... like my stitching... a bit eclectic!
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well I like to mix it up....love murder mysteries, D&M type movies (love a good old weep)LOVE the Pride & Predjuice and Jane Eyre etc. I also adore movies with great dialogue...not big on the action flicks or the teeny romance types. And of course I love any kind of sweeties and a coffee to go with it all. Glad you have had a great day enjoying your favs.

Lynn said...

Some sewing, maybe calling my sister and talking uninterrupted. Some sewing of course, and okay don't laugh. When I get some alone time I like to clean my garage. Everyone goes in and out through it and just drops stuff whereever and when it's all tidied up I feel like everything else is managable. If it's raining then it's my sewing room that gets tidied up and that mess is no one's fault but my own. But it makes me happy to have an organized space. Weird I know.

Mistea said...

A whole day at home is definitely meant for creating - the other stuff takes too long if you have all day to do it!
Glad you got to enjoy some of your favourite things.
Enjoy Saturday

Anonymous said...

I WANT your FRIDAY !!! Looks like so much fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...