Sunday 9 October 2011

Productive Weekend!!

G'day all! Just thought I'd pop in quickly to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking. :0) In fact, I've been VERY active this weekend!! As well as two visits to the gym (No, I don't enjoy it, but yes, I do feel better for it ... once my feet stop aching!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I've been whizzing around in my sewing room and feel pretty chuffed that I actually have some finishes to add to my OPAM list so early in the month. I'm setting a good example for October! :0)

Now ... I don't know about you, but sometimes, when I've spent a LOT of time working on long-term projects, I like to treat myself to some smaller quick-to-finish projects, so that's what I decided to do this weekend. It also occurred to me (after several people very unkindly pointed it out to me!!!) that we're down to measuring the time til Christmas in WEEKS now ... EEK!!!! So these little projects will be going into my giftie basket ready to be popped in with bigger gifties, or sent off as 'just because' gifties or used for those 'didn't-see-that-one-coming' giftie exchanges! You know what I mean ... someone gives you a giftie when you weren't planning on giving them one. PHEW! Christmas can be fraught with stresses, can't it?! :0)

OK ... I can hear Chookyblue telling me to stop going on ... and on ... and on!! :0) ... and to just get on with showing you what I made ...

... Two mobile phone pouches up the back there and four tea bag wallets at the front. Six finishes to add to my OPAM list ... YAY! :0) Well ... once I finish sewing all those buttons on, anyways. :0) I know it's completely illogical (why is that not a surprise when we're talking about me! ) but I just HATE sewing on buttons. I know, I know ... I do so much hand sewing and since sewing on buttons is technically hand sewing it doesn't make sense that I hate it ... but there you go! I shall be a good girl, though, and stitch on those nasty buttons while I watch a bit of TV tonight with my Beloved Geek Boy. But right now ... I think I've earned a cup of tea, so I'm off to pop the kettle on. Hope your weekend has been productive ... or at least relaxing!! ... and that the coming week is full of stitching for you! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

(There you go Chooky ... not TOO long today! Tee! Hee! Hee!)

11 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow what a productive weekend you have had Kris...and yes you do deserve a cuppa...love all your finishes....

Anonymous said...

Great finishes Kris,well done and yes time for a cuppa.

De said...

Great going on those finishes Kris :)

Sheryl said...

Good girl getting some finishes in over the weekend! and fitting in time for the gym..... well done...

Fiona said...

You did get lots done... I'm surprised there was energy left after our busy Friday and gym!!! euchh... I hope that's not infectious!!
Hugz

simplestitches said...

love your finishes...at least you made it look like the buttons were sewn on...I didn't on mine, as I'm still auditioning buttons.
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Julz

Mistea said...

Sweet as - and presents to boot. Buttons are the easy part especially after you have chosen them.
Oh, they looked finished you didn't need to fess up!
Great start on the gifties.

Love Bears All Things said...

I don't mind buttons but I don't like tacking down binding or closing the opening on a project I've turned...that stitching so it doesn't show is a real pain.....oh and another one is working that dangling thread in on a crochet project. I've been making dishcloths for Christmas gifts...I have 22 of them which need that thread worked in...bummer.
Mama Bear

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hello Khris!
productive indeed!! Well done you.
and if you want to count in days... there are less then 80 of them, just a thort to brighten your day

Astrid said...

Wow! Indeed you have been productive! Great gift ideas! I'm in the process of making Christmas gifts too and so far four is almost done! I tend you like working on smaller projects after big ones too - need a break from big quilts in between... :)

Chookyblue...... said...

get on with it for sure........now don't forget that extra special xmas present you have to create.........lol.......great to have all these done........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...