Wednesday 1 September 2010

Fabric Frenzy & Some Winners!

After leaving almost a week between posts, I'm now back for the second day in a row ... bet you're surprised! :0) Peg and I have finished our blog-hopping in record time to collect OPAM end of month finishes, so I thought I'd put you all out of your suspenders quickly ... after I tell you about my fabric-frenzy kind of day! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Today was the Quilters Angel's 6th birthday celebrations and Marion and Steph celebrated in style with a HUGE store-wide sale. Sorry I didn't let you know about it, but I was keeping all the fabricy goodness for myself completely unaware that the day had rolled round so quickly! :0) I was actually pretty well behaved, but a few pieces of yummy fabric DID follow me home ... you just KNEW they would, right?! :0) Here's what joined my stash ...

Yes ... some more of the DELICIOUS "Aviary" range followed me home AGAIN ... I'm finding this smallish floral print is fabulous to mix and match in lots of different projects, so re-stocked my stash of it. I don't know what I'm going to make out of the third piece, but it was just so darn CUTE that I grabbed half a metre and am sure I'll find a way to use it sooner or later ... what with the 9 nephews and 3 nieces always seeming to have birthdays looming! :0) I also bought a couple of other pieces, but they were a 'just because' surprise for a friend and I forgot to photograph them before I dropped them into her ... just couldn't wait to hand them over! Tee! Hee! Hee! Thanks for a VERY generous sale, Marion and Steph and may the next six years bring even bigger and brighter adventures your way!! :0)

Now, the other fabric that added to my frenzy today was delivered (in the usual GENTLE - NOT! way) by the postie. After many hours of drooling over a layer cake of "Rural Jardin" yumminess, moaning over how my second favourite range was fast disappearing from shops and wishing I could justify stretching the budget to add some to my stash for a 'just for me' quilt,  my Beloved Geek Boy said, "Go ahead and buy it." Aaaaawww isn't he a SWEETIE! :0) So I hopped on the Fat Quarter Shop web site and today, this arrived ...


MMMMMMMM!!!! Rural Jardin!!!! :0) I know just what I'm going to do with this fabricy yumminess (after I've admired, stroked and played with it for a while of course!!) I'm going to make a simple 5"square quilt that simply shows off the delicious colours and patterns in this range. I love that the soft reds and blues look like they were once-upon-a-time vibrant and bright and have since become faded and slightly worn with age, love and lots of use. Not sure when I'll actually get to do this, but ... I will have my "Rural Jardin" all ready to play with when I manage it. :0)

OK ... I think I've kept you all in suspense long enough ... now to the August end-of-month winners for OPAM. This month, there were 535 projects finished by all you clever gals! How GREAT is THAT!!! :0) Obviously, lots of you were far more productive than me this month! :0) WELL DONE! And another WELL DONE to the gals who, like me, have been stitching away on bigger projects and have made some good progress, even if you can't record any finishes just yet. Remember ... OPAM is meant to be a low-stress challenge and the main thing is to ENJOY your creating. Alrighty then ... drumroll please ... the randomly chosen winners this month are ...




CONGRATULATIONS! If you three lovely ladies would like to email me with your snail mail addresses, I shall post your prizes to you early next week. A big thanks again to all of you who emailed the number of your finishes to Peg or I ... it is so much appreciated and keeps us from going completely cross-eyed! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And now that I've shared my Fabric Frenzy and the August OPAM winners with you ... I'm off to do something about dinner. I hope you're all having a great week so far. Spring has sprung here in Australia and even our fickle 'top of the hill' weather turned on a warm sunny day today to celebrate - AAAAHHHH!! I can feel myself thawing out and the batteries recharging already! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

OMG! Almost choked on my bowl of vegies...my name, my actual name, is on the winner's list....good grief, that NEVER happens...had to click it and make sure it went to MY blog and not someone else's before I got too excitement...happy dancing (well, metaphorically because to actually get up and happy dance would mean putting Macbook down and then I couldn't type to you!).

Thank you! Snail mail addy coming your way toot sweet....

And congrats to Oddbjorg and Clare as well...

Annette (jindiscottage)

Crowing Moon said...

I love your floral fabrics....very pretty and the Rural Jardin is just
*drool*....gorgeous

julia said...

Hi Kris!
Yummy fabric - it would have been odd if you hadn't picked up some 'Aviary' - it's your signature fabric purchase ;o). And yay! for the Layer Cake...isn't the fabric gorgeous? Hard to cut into but oh, so fun to play with!
OMG, more than 500 projects finished...August has been a busy month. Congrats to the winners!
Have fun thawing/enjoying the weather.
Hugs, Julia

Oddbjørg said...

Thank you very much! I had to read my name twice to be sure that I was one of the winners. Congratulations to Clare and Annette too!

Carin said...

Congrats to your winners!

I love the fabric you picked up I mean that followed you home :O)

Joy said...

Mmmmm, love your yummy fabricky purchase ... that Aviary is just delish isn't it!!??! I'm really loving the "Rural Jardin" range too, that layer cake would make a scrummy 'disappearing 9 patch' quilt ;o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
PS ... ooops, nearly forgot ... heart congrats to the lucky winners :oD!!!!!!!!!!

Joy said...

Ummm, I meant *Hearty* congrats ..... he he he
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Congrats to this months winners.

Yummy, yummy fabrics from Marions and I do love your Rural Jardin collection - that will make a beautiful quilt when you get the time Kris.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...