Monday 29 June 2009

Quick Sneaky Peek!

While it hasn't been much fun having a head cold for the last week (am back to about 80% now!!), the hibernating under my flannel blankie and stitching in front of DVD's has meant quite a bit of hand stitching has been happening here at the Meares' Madhouse. I've already shown you the yummy Aviary charm squares that I started my new quilt-design-in-progress with ...


... that I then sewed together like this ...



Well, this last week I have been stitching away at the applique elements of my new quilt - and quite enjoying the process ... in between blowing my poor dripping nose! :0) I've finished stitching about 85% of the applique, so thought I'd follow through on my promise of a sneaky peek. Ready??


Time to stop and smell the flowers!! (Which I can do now that my cold is finally going away!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Some cheerful yellow daisies! Hmmm ... whatever could be hiding on the rest of my new quilt??? Should I have a guessing contest??? You'll just have to stay tuned for more sneaky peeks to find out, cos I'm going to keep you in suspenders a bit longer! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And on that teasing note ... I'm off to curl up in front of that heater again to continue my stitching. I'm really quite convinced I was meant to be a bear who hibernates all winter!!! Hope you're all having a great start to the week! Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful flowers, curious to see more... Hope your cold is totaly gone soon!

Lurline said...

Looking soooo pretty!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Stina Blomgren said...

Love that fabric.. and ahhh a little peek.. you keep on giving on these ones dont you!!! Glad to hear you feel a little bit better... and you just go ahead a sit by that heater.. I know I would if I had winter..:o))

Joy said...

Oooh,pretty!!! I'm guessing there would have to be a bear in there ... somewhere lol???
Thanks for the sneaky peek, and I hope your cold gets better real soon!!!
hugs,
Joy ;o)

May Britt said...

And I am going out to cool down in the shadows on the porch We are having soooooo hot summer days here now. Your new quilt.....where is the bear??

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

What a bright and cheery quilt Kris. I bet there are a few butterflies fluttering about too???
Glad your cold is improving.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

ittybittyandpretty said...

love the name mears madhouse, you should get that burnt into some wood for the front of your house!!
hope you get to 100% by the end of the week.
%*_*%

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
I'm glad to hear you are feeling 80% better.
Ooohh, can't wait to see the finished project.
Hugs,
Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...