Thursday 28 May 2009

Maintaining My Mojo!!

Well ... as my title says, I seem to be maintaining my stitching mojo at the moment, with a bit more progress made on my quilt-design-in-progress. Have now finished all the border applique and attached the borders to the centre block. Still deciding how to finish it off, but after quite a lot of playing in PhotoShop this arvo, I think I know what I'm going to do. For now, though, I'll tease you a little and build the suspense with another sneaky peek. Ready???


There's the little girly bear smelling her flower and you can see I've used some of the yummy ruby red rick-rack I bought from Sonia at Giggle Buttons at the recent Stitches and Craft show ... and a white border with MORE butterflies!! Are you intrigued yet??? Me too! Tee! Hee! Hee! It's always a bit of a lucky dip as to how a quilt design looks when its finished - often VERY different to my original mental picture!! Hope to spend my day off tomorrow working on the outer border, so stay tuned - I may be back in the next few days with the finished top!! Won't THAT be exciting!!!

And just in case I DO finish the top over the weekend and need something new to begin (WISPs?!? Did I hear someone shout WISPs?!?! Tee! Hee! Hee!) some fabric followed me home yesterday when I popped into my home-away-from-home, better known as Quilters Angel. It's always a bit dangerous for me to pop in to visit Marion and Steph, cos their fabric seems to have been specially trained to jump of the shelves and follow me out the door! At least that's MY story and I'm STICKING to it!! :0) Here's the latest following fabric ...


Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ..... Aviary fabrics!!!!! I just LOVE this range of fabrics!! I was a good girl and only bought four pieces ... of course, I already have some charm packs and a little bit of meterage in the cupboard!! Oops! :0) Can't wait to play with this yummy fabric!! What will it be ... a quilt ... a stitchery border ... a patchwork bag ... a pillow ... a dress for a bear ... OH!!! The endless possibilities!!!!

For now, however, I'm off to retrieve my Beloved Geek Boy from work and then do the grocery shopping - a girl's gotta eat to keep up her stitching strength, right?!?! Hope you've got a fun weekend planned. OPAM gals ... don't forget to send me your end-of-month numbers in the next couple of days to be in the May prize draw! Til next time ... Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

11 comments:

Debbie Lane said...

I love the look of the quilt hon! U must show me in person. Am bringing up the quilt as u go project we are involved in, so I can have a lesson on the next step too. Will text u next week!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Ooh Kris! That quilt top is looking more "gorgeous-er" every time we see it! Keep up the mojo sweetie, as I can't wait to see it in all it's finished glory! :-)

You are so lucky that the scrummy fabric follows you home... and not the plain Homespuns! ...I wonder why that is? he he he...

Hugs! Vikki x

ittybittyandpretty said...

i love that fabric!! i bet it is even more gorgeous in person.
i have popped up my finished items on my blog.
smooches rosey

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
The quilt is looking fabulous.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Cheers Linda

Joy said...

Your little girl teddy is just adorable!! Look forward to seeing the whole quilt ... I know I'm gonna love it ... Lotsa pink :o)!!!! You bought my fave fabrics too .... who could resist Aviary???
By the way ... I just sent my deposit off for Stitchers Dream Day Out ... are you going ;o)??
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Stina Blomgren said...

So so sweet Kris!!!! :o)))
Love the little peek!!! Glad you and your mojo plays well together!!!

Judy S. said...

I LOVE this pattern, Kris. The butterflies are so perfect, and your beary girl too cute. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Chookyblue...... said...

I am sure you will get to the end very soon.........

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Yummy scrummy fabrics - how divine. They are screaming bag to me but then again I seem to have a thing for bags. Perhaps they're screaming something else to everyone else... LOL.

That quilt is really coming together now Kris. Love the ric rac on the border too.

Hope you and GB have a great weekend.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

julia said...

Hi {K}reative {K}ris!
Glad your designing/sewing mojo is flowing...LOVE that ric rack in the border (is there a trick to keep it that neatly aligned?).
And yes, I totally understand... ~ I think Aviary has a special finish/treatment that they want to follow you home,the effects works even online ;o)
Hugs, Julia

Anonymous said...

hiya kris, your quilt is gorgeous! i can't wait to see it finished, the ric rac looks great! toni :O) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...