Thursday 5 February 2009

A-Stitching I Will Go ...!

Finally managed to spend some in my sewing room over the last two afternoons and have made some progress on some Secret Squirrel gifties and put the borders around my Lion and Bug blocks for my Noah's Ark BOM from Lynette Anderson. Take a peek ...


Here's Mr and Mrs Lion, with the Pigeons (??) hitching a lift and sticking their beaks (get it? Birds ... beaks .. sticking ... ah never mind!!) into Leo's romantic moment where he's presenting his heart to Cleo. WHAT???? Haven't you heard of poetic license in naming?! Tee! Hee! Hee! And to every picnic, uninvited comes ...


The BUGS!!! Sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock move ... "Coming soon to a cinema near you!" :0) So, my blocks thus far look like ...


Ta da!! Now, unlike a lot of you clever quilters, I don't have a design wall (Hmmm, in fact, don't have a free wall in the sewing room at all!!) so I tend to lay things out on the handiest mostly-flat surface. In this case, it's the ironing pile, so I'd appreciate it if you just close your eyes to the unironed clothes and "ooh" and "ahh" over my BOM blocks instead! Tee! Hee! Hee! You can see I've popped a bit of batting in the spot where the Ark block fits, but you get the idea of how it's coming up.

Mind you, this isn't really what my finished quilt will look like - OH NO!! You see, clever clogs that I am (stop laughing all of you who call yourselves my friends!!!) I decided to enlarge the squares slightly and add the double borders to make the overall quilt a bit bigger so I can turn it into a lap quilt, due to the afore-mentioned lack of wall/hanging space. Yes, well, in THEORY, that was great. In PRACTICE ... I stuffed up my measurements somewhere, so will have to do a bit of reshuffling and I think, pop in a filler block at the top left - those of you who have an eye for detail (or Lynette's mudmap of the quilt layout in front of you!!) may be noticing that I've already shuffled blocks about to get them to sit and fit better. Of course, I may also get a little creative and add some blocks of my own, after all, I DO have a few questions for Lynette. Like ... Where is MRS Noah? And where's the second kitty? (two by two, after all!!) And obviously Felix (Lynette's kitty for the uninitiated!) was supervising the design of this cute BOM, cos ... where are the puppies?!?! So you see, it may still be a little while before my BOM is completed, but I've made progress, so I'm pretty happy. Thanks again to Lynette who has provided months of entertainment for hundreds of stitchers all around the world!!

Judy was wondering what she and I will tackle next (we've been encouraging each other and competing to see who finishes each block first on the Noah's Ark BOM!!). Well ... we didn't' have to wait long to answer that question, as we've both started (without the other realising!!) Gail Pan's Christmas Wish BOM!! Tee! Hee! Hee! And I am now off to stitch a bit more on my block and watch a DVD - day time television sucks!! Hope you're all finding some stitching time ... except for Stina who MUST be a good girl and just sit around drinking tea and reading magazines to give her poor sore finger a chance to heal!! And is she happy about no stitching?? NOOOOOOOOOOO!! She says it's even harder than when she and I promised not to open our SSCS gifties before Christmas!! Tee! Hee! Hee! We're thinking of you Stina and sending warm healing thoughts your way!!! And a cheerio to Kerryanne, who is also chafing a bit under doctors orders to be a good girl. Mind you, she's just started back doing a little bit of painting and you HAVE to visit her blog to catch her sneaky peek - GORGEOUS!! But right now - A-stitchin' I will go!! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

14 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh Kris, your Noah's Ark quilt is looking fabulous. It has been great following your progress with this BOM quilt.

Thanks for the cherrio. I'm trying VERY hard to be a good girl and follow Doctors orders but my patience is being tested...LOL.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Lynette Anderson said...

Kris, your ark blocks look fantastic. To answer your questions, Mrs Noah is in the kitchen getting all the food ready and her trusty feline friend is supervising!
x x maybe I will come up with something new for you to work on next, although there are so many free BOM out there now I should really think of a completely new idea!

Joy said...

Kris your BOM is looking fabulous!!! I love your bright cheery colours. I'm waaaaay behind, I think I've got 4 there waiting to be done... eeek!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Judy S. said...

Hey, Kris! Noah's looking great! And you are way ahead of me when it comes to the borders. I do have the fabric though; does that count? I'm working on # 12..... BTW, have you seen the Willowberry BOM? It's quite cute also.

RG said...

Hi Kris,
Love what you're doing and it's so bright and cheery...just like you!
Love what Lynette said about Mrs Noah being in the kitchen with her kitty...tee hee
hugs
Robyn xx

Wendy said...

Kris your Ark blocks are wonderful! I just love all the colors. Also, my blog addy is wrong on your side bar, it should be http://stitchduchessscrazysanequiltingworld.blogspot.com/
somehow there is a t in the duchess and there is no t in the word. Thanks Wendy

Anonymous said...

Oh they look lovely, Kris! You are well on your way to a finished project!! I have only done the dove so far... eeks! Now I am motivated to get it all done :)

lv,

Joy

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Kris well done girl...you blocks look fantastic, they are all so happy....

Simone de Klerk said...

Your Arc of Noah quilt is great. Great colors you used!
Have a lovely weekend (O:

Dorothy said...

Kris, I love the bright colours you're using for your Noah's Ark quilt. Can't wait to see it all together!

Deb said...

Kris..I love to read your blog you are so entertainig...LOL
Your Noah's blocks are just beautiful I will have to get cracking and finish up since the mud map is all laid out..
btw what pile of ironing?? I see it is hidden well with these lovely blocks.

Stina Blomgren said...

Nice going Kris!!!
I just have one block made... think Im a little behind here...lol..
And belive me...I am trying really hard into doing nothing at all..lol.. and its BORING!!! :o)

Sheryl said...

Kris, I am so impressed that you have an ironing pile... I do too.
it's not my favourite job... not sure what is....
your Noah's Ark looks great.. I have the patterns but haven't started yet....

Greedy Nan said...

Hi Kris and really pleased to see your BoM. Mine as you probably know, isn't finished!! I have been getting on with it though and for something which appears so small, why is it taking me so long to complete a block? Not sure what I'll do for the borders yet but have earmarked some plain dark grey so I can go a little bit wild on the sashing part.
Looking forward to receiving post from Aus ... you know what I mean ... and when/if no when it's completed, you'll be one of the first to know!
Also, prayers and love to the lost ones in the traumatic times that are happening there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...