Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas Eve In The Lounge Room!



'Twas Christmas Eve in the lounge room & not a creature was stirring there,
But for a small flickering candle, & one tiny teddy bear.
Amidst all the glitter & baubles, the Santas that spread round the room,
Instead of good cheer, joy & laughter, these two seemed quite sunk in gloom.
The teddy bear said to the candle, "I'm tiny & oft overlooked,
Not like the angels & Santas or the folk art that's made from a book.



I'm not pretty & covered in glitter, or perched in the Christmas tree,
I'm stuck sitting here up in a corner, where no one will even see."
The candle just sniffed in a disgruntled way & the small flame gave a flick,
"You think you've got problems, what about me? I'm so small it just makes me sick!
What use is a candle that can't burn out bright, as bright as a star in the sky,



I'm little & plain & my light is so weak, I think I'll just sit here & cry."
So there they both sat, the miserable pair, in the corner on Christmas Eve night,
When a soft voice came drifting from somewhere nearby, "Together, you share love & light."
They looked up startled at the source of the voice - it was Mary in the manger scene.
Her face glowed warmly & they stared in surprise as her smile turned to them, so serene.



"Look here at the stable where my baby was born, the baby who would be the King,
It's old & it's draughty, not even ours, yet what happened here made angels sing.
This one tiny baby was God's gift to the world on that very first Christmas night,
And God promised His Son, born in humble surrounds, would grow up to spread love & light.
One little baby changed the course of the world, so don't be distracted by size.
For you, little candle, still shed light in the dark to show where the homefire lies,
And you, tiny bear, with your arms held wide, offer love to the people you see.
It's not about size, or importance you see, but being who YOU'RE meant to be.
One little flame, one ray of light, can spread hope when there's none to be found,
And one little hug can show someone alone they are cared for & love's still around."
The candle stood straighter, flame flickering high, a wonderful, heartwarming sight.
"I may only be little, but if I stand up tall, more people can see by my light."
The teddy bear's smile had emerged once again & his arms were open wide,
"I'll share lots of love, lots of smiles, lots of hugs with those drawn by your light to our side."
'Twas Christmas Eve in the lounge room, not a soul was stirring there,
But a brightly shining candle, & a smiling teddy bear!



Happy Christmas to all my bloggy buddies. May the Reason for the Season bless you with health, happiness, family, friends, laughter and love during this special time. Til next time - Christmas Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kris...did u write that? It's so beautiful! I am sitting here feeling so warm and fuzzy!

Gail McCormack said...

Kris that was lovely!

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Have a Wonderful Day!!

Chookyblue...... said...

have a great christmas.......

ittybittyandpretty said...

wowzer that was clever. enjoy what looks to be a cooler christmas day than expected. big kisses mmwwwaahhh rosey

julia said...

Hi Kris,
oh what a sweet poem...!
Wishing you a merry, merry Christmas and may all your wishes come true
- Julia

Anonymous said...

Oh Kris, that is just wonderful, i shall read that to my children after I have read it a few times to myself to be sure I won't cry whilst reading aloud, you know I do that being a bit of a sooky girl and all. I hope you and your GB and family have a wonderful relaxing Christmas break and that we catch up some time soon in the very near future. Kiss Noises Linda Lilly and family!!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Beautiful Christmas sentiments Kris. Hope you and Scott had a wonderful Christmas with the family and with your folks today.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Lise in Norway said...

Merry Chritmas and a Happy New Year Kris to you and your family

Dorothy said...

Kris, that was wonderful!
I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas and have an even better New Year.

Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...