Friday 14 November 2008

On The Air Again!!

Well ... after a rather frustrating couple of days, I'm back on the air!! My beloved Geek Boy decided he'd upgrade our broadband package and despite being told we would be notified when they switch off our service before swapping over and how long we'd be without Internet service, we weren't told and the first we knew was ... I was off the air!! Aaaaaaarrrgghhhh! And when, after a day and a half we still hadn't heard from anyone and still didn't have service, I rang the 'service' department. I use that term loosely as I did NOT receive any service at all, was treated rudely and not at all helped!! So GB chased it up and FINALLY, I was back on the air late yesterday afternoon. (He must have sounded scarier than I did!) I really did miss my Internet service, plus I'd been expecting a few emails to tell me parcels I'd sent had arrived, so ... But all is good now, there is Internet flowing freely in my office again and I'm happy!!

Now, once I had my Internet back, there were indeed a couple of emails that I'd been waiting for from the recipients of my 100 Post give-away. Stina and Diane both received their Stitchers Surprise packs and have posted photos that you can go take a peek at - which is good, cos I did Stina's trick and was so anxious to get the parcels posted off, that I forgot to take a photo - oops! And the other parcel that arrived was my Stitchers Angel Swap parcel that I posted off to ... MAY BRITT!! I had emailed May Britt to tell her I was her Angel and that I was running a bit behind schedule, so she'd been stalking her postie. You've all seen photos of her goodies, as I posted a pic back here, saying I felt safe to do so cos I was sure my Angel hadn't found my blog. Well ... you wouldn't read about it!! For the very first time, May Britt chose to leave a comment on THAT post! Tee! Hee! Hee! You could've knocked me down with a feather!! May Britt has also posted pics so pop on over and have a peek - plus all three of these ladies have WONDERFUL blogs, so they're well worth having a look at - just be sure to make a cuppa first cos there's LOTS to see!!

And speaking of Stina ... she was astonished by my foggy jacaranda pic a few posts back, so when we were driving home one afternoon and saw that golden pre-storm light hitting this avenue of Jacarandas, I got GB to pull into a side-street so I could take a photo. Take a peek ...


I love this storm light - it makes everything look like it's out of a fairytale. And a slightly different angle ...


There's a loooooooong row of these gorgeous trees along one of our main roads in Toowoomba and at this time of year it's just magical, especially for a colour freak like me! I also took a close up to show what the individual flowers look like.


Kind of like bunches of purple trumpets!! (Aside note: perhaps the Internet inconvenience was worth it, as photos are loading very quickly now!!)

Moving on to something else purple ... (well 'Sapphire', but it's a purple-y blue!) when I was shopping with my dancing buddy Deb today, some 'lovely' person got a little too friendly with my Baby car! Somewhere in Toowoomba, there is now a white car with a sapphire stripe – how do I know? Said bad driver’s car left a distinctive white stripe on MY car!!!


Grrrrrrr!! No note, no nothing!! Not Happy Jan!! Some people are just ignorant, not to mention lousy drivers, as my little car was well away from the car park line so there was heaps of room for them to get out. I sometimes think my poor Baby has a target painted on it, as I often pick up new scratches and little dents in shopping centre car parks. Some people are just careless and rude! SIGH!

However, my afternoon brightened considerably when I got home. I opened the front door to let the breeze in and found ... a box from Shabby Art Boutique. I have to confess to having a little 'blonde' moment. (no offence to any sensitive blonde people - blonde is a state of mind, not a hair colour!!) I thought to myself, "What is Kerryanne sending me? It's not my birthday, or Christmas?!?" The penny then dropped with a thunk ... my wonderful vintage bickie tin that I bought from Kerryanne's Art For Sale page on her web site had arrived!! YAY!! Happy Dance!! So when I opened the box, I found ...


My GORGEOUS bickie tin ... along with some wonderfully fragrant lavender goodies! Now, Kerryanne knows that lavender is one of my favourite scents!! I think this little sachet is going into my fabric stash to make it all smell pretty and I'll be surrounded by lavender smells when I'm in my sewing room working. Thanks Kerryanne!! Then of course, I had to find a home for my new treasure. Found one!!


Ta da! It looks right at home with my mixing bowls! These bowls are one of the best investments I ever made! Not only do they look great up on my kitchen cupboard, they are nice heavy bowls to cook with - they don't scoot all over the place when you're trying to stir!! There are still lots of treasures on Kerryanne's website, so take a peek - but be warned!! You WILL be tempted! Tee! Hee! Hee!

The other exciting thing that involves Kerryanne is that she is having a double celebration on her blog at the moment. She's celebrating her 100th post as well as her first blogiversary and she's having a double give-away as her way of throwing a blog party!! Now I shouldn't tell you about it, really, because I want to win the gorgeous canvases painted with delicate tea cups ... or would be just as happy to find a home for the Christmas faux goodies, and if I tell all of YOU about it and you enter, the odds go up. Hmmm ... you know what ... forget I told you! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And now, I'm off to put some finishing touches on the bear I've designed for an upcoming issue of Australian Bear Creations - have had a good run this week to make up for my 'blah' last week. So ... have a great weekend and until next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

9 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh my gosh...that is amazing photos and the light is fantastic...and thanks for taking a close up on the gorgeous tree.. Love it...and thank goodness for some spring pictures... will keep my frozen body alive until spring..lol..
And then again...thankyou for the wonderful package you sent me... :o)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Sweets,
Your bickie (cookie)tin looks perfect up on the shelf with the green bowls. I'm so glad you like it. I'm glad too that it cheered you up after the mishap with your little blue car - honestly, some people shouldn't be on the road.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Chookyblue...... said...

love the jacarandas..........we have lots in our town also.........such good value

Jo in TAS said...

I've seen you popping upa all over blogland, Stina's, May's and Diane's and thought you've been a very busy girl!
Shame about the car, bad drivers are everywhere!
I'd forgotten about that glow when a storm was coming, thanks for the reminding me of how beautiful it is.
And I love the green antique pieces, I think you need a few green glass objects now to add to it!

May Britt said...

I loved my Stitching Angel package! That Jacaranda tree is so beautiful. Wish I was there in a warmer place, because here is snow and snow and snow today.

julia said...

Hi Kris,
oh, I hope the bad driver's bad karma now bring him/her a lot of bad luck - some people simply got bad manners...I'm sorry for your little car...and I'm glad you're back online again - Do you now post even faster than with the old interet connection ;o)? *lol*
I've seen your gorgeous giveaway/stitchers angel pressies popping up here an there in blogland and they are so sweet!
Hugs, Julia

Dorothy said...

Kris, the photos are amazing! I've never seen anything like it.

Love your bickie tin, it looks great up there beside your mixing bowls.

Unknown said...

Your photos are beautiful and I love the bickie tin .
Clare's Craftroom

Bec said...

oh my gosh, I have those same mixing bowls! LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM. Except one of my kids dropped he middle size one, into peices it went.
I didn't know you could get jugs too, how cool is that!
My mum bought me another large mixing bowl and it is like a golden colour.
Bec xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...