Sunday 7 September 2008

Bits & Bobs!

After a rather sluggish week (I was sluggish, not the week itself!!) I've actually managed to 'do a bit' this weekend - and the weekend isn't over! Yesterday, I got myself organised and collected together all of the bits and bobs that I'm hoping to get in the mail tomorrow for my partner in Linda's Bag/Bucket Swap . Here's all the pretties ready to go ...


The bags are all finished, the little fun bits just waiting to be popped into the bag for posting. You can't see it very well, but there's a zip lock bag with a couple of special tea bags in. Here's a closer look ...


I know the photo's pretty fuzzy, but hopefully you can see the teabag labels a bit. They're "Bag Lady" tea bags and each teabag has a cute sketch of a 'bag lady' on one side and a funny saying on the other. This one has the saying of women worldwide when faced with a special social outing "But I have nothing to WEAR!" Tee! Hee! Hee! Hopefully my Swap partner will enjoy all of the goodies and there's two teabags so she can share one with a friend.

And speaking of cuppas with friends ... (how's THAT for a smooth segue-way!!) I caught up with my friend Miss Mary from Fresh Hope yesterday. We don't seem to catch up nearly as often as we'd like, as we both seem to be going full steam ahead in different directions. We enjoyed a yummy lunch in town and - oh dear! - popped into one of the quilt shops in town that I don't get to often, because the parking is a headache. And ... you guessed it ... some fabric followed me home! At least that's the story I told my beloved Geek Boy and it's the one I'm sticking with . Here's my new pretties ...


(Hope you enjoy the peek, cos it took me four or five tries to get blogger to agree to upload this particular picture!!!) While I don't have anything specific in mind to use these for, the brown and cream spotty fabrics will be great for stitchery backgrounds and all of the others will mix and match nicely with the other shabby chic colours I seem to be using a lot at the moment. Still have a few swap items to make so no doubt they'll come in handy somewhere along the track. After all, the same rule applies to fabric as it does to bears - you can never have too much/too many!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

The other thing Miss Mary and I did when we caught up was to set up a photo session to get a nice shot of one of the soon-to-be-released new Fresh Hope Patterns patterns. (No, not stuttering, the range is called 'Fresh Hope Patterns' and this is the latest pattern ... ahhh, you know what I mean!!) It's for a fabulous little boy's quilt and it's called "On The Move" and has been designed and donated to Fresh Hope Patterns by Donna Elkington. Miss Mary was after some interesting props to complement the quilt and knew that I have all sorts of interesting collectibles!! Here's the result ...


Isn't it wonderful and bright? Just what you need for a little boy's room, with all of the cars, trucks, planes, helicopters etc - though I think I'd be replacing the white with blue, knowing how grubby little boys can sometimes be! Tee! Hee! Hee!

So that's how I spent yesterday. Today so far, I've put through several loads of washing and hung same (otherwise you just end up with lots of soggy clothes!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) and have been working on the neat copies of the stitchery designs for scanning for the "Angels Bears" pattern. Hmmm ... has ended up being more time-consuming and tedious than anticipated and I've managed to give myself a neck-pain-induced headache (Again! Think it's time to find a chiropractor!!) so I think I'm going to take a break and go have some lunch, perhaps a cup or tea and maybe a kindy kip to get rid of the headache, before attacking the designs again. Still hoping to have the new pattern printed this week, so watch this space for a give away. Hope you're having a great weekend where ever you are and whatever you're doing. Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Kris, it might have been a sluggish week but in the end you got it all together. Your Swap parcel looks fantastic and should make someone very happy.

Funny how that fabric followed you home...was it also calling your name? LOL

Hope you have a more productive week.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's wonderful to have a 100% friend like u, and I don't intend to lose u, funny one!

What, no pink fabric? (heeheehee!)

Carin said...

Your swap partner should be thrilled! I love the quilt my favorite part is the road boarder.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Kris you swap parcel looks fantastic....your partner is going to be so thrilled...lots and lots of treats in there....

Unknown said...

Kris, as always YOU CRACK ME UP!!! you just have a way with words! I am referring to your previous post...loved the flowers by the way. You need to write a book...it is your calling. Everytime I read your blog I am always chuckling away. You are the best! Jo xxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Kris,
delicious little bags, your swap partner will be so happy to get that bundle. Lovely colours...
Little bunches of fabrics have a habit of finding their way into my hands and coming home with me too!
happy stitching

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...