Wednesday 30 July 2008

Bags, Baskets, Bookings & Bonnie!

OK ... Australian television character quote warning !!! "Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?" "I think so B2!!" Tee! Hee! Hee! So many "B's" in the title, I just couldn't resist a Bananas in Pyjamas quote! Sorry to all overseas visitors who, at this point, think that I've GONE bananas!! It's a kids show involving ... hmmm, perhaps I'll just leave it as, it's a kids show and tell you it's an Australian thing!!

Believe it or not, I managed to fit all of those "B's" into my afternoon after finishing work. Now, I've told you before that my fave patchwork/quilting shop is practically on my way home from work - those now recognisable pink bags! But a little further down the highway towards Crowsnest, there's another fun place to visit - the Danish Dried Flower Shop. I don't get out there very often, but they not only have all sorts of supplies for dried floral art and a huge range of gifties, they also have a VERY comprehensive range of glass beads for sale, so I usually visit with my beady friend, Robyn, in tow. However, today I was on a mission. I had searched our fair city of Toowoomba for small cane baskets to no avail, so my last option was the Danish Dried Flower Shop. Oops! Is that a BAG I spy???


Oooh! I new colour bag! You'll soon be able to tell where I've been shopping just by the colour of the bag! Tee! Hee! Hee! So if we open up this gold goody bag we find ...


My mini cane baskets! Mission accomplished! Now, I realise that this may seem like an excessive amount of baskets to be buying, after all, one doesn't usually need TOO many small cane baskets! But I had so much trouble locating said baskets that I decided it was worthwhile stocking up. Also in the bag we have ...


Aren't they cute!! Again, I didn't have a specific reason to buy these apart from the fact that they're so darn cute and its a case of 'buy them when you see them, cos they're sure to be gone when you go back!' I'm trying to decide whether to be good and pop them into my birthday basket stash or just add one of each to my tin collection!!! Still thinking!! They're about 6cm tall and there was also a post office, a coffee shop and a toy shop, but I managed to restrain myself from getting one of each - barely!!!

OK, so task number one on the list was crossed off. Next was a visit to the Place-Of-The-Pink-Bags - otherwise known as Quilters Angel! No, no! I was a very GOOD girl today and didn't bring home anything in pink bags! I was paying the final installments for Lynette's and my BOOKINGS for day one of the Stitchers' Dream Day Out.


All paid!! Now we just have to count sleeps til September 20 and remember to take our camera, thread box and coffee mug to enjoy a day of being spoiled and fed while we stitch without interruptions!! YAY! Lynette says she's already started counting down! If I could manage to keep track of the days, I probably would too, but I'm pretty sure someone's still taking a couple of mine each week because I seem to get to Friday and am left thinking, "Wait a minute! Didn't I just HAVE a Friday!!!!" Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now I know this next "B" wasn't one of the original items on my Finish Five Before the End of July Challenge list, but I think I'll include it now, since I've run out of time to tackle the others. You see, I finished a version of my last doll pattern, Bonnie. Here she is ...


Doesn't she look great! (without wanting to sound immodest!!) Oh wait! Is that a MINI-BASKET I spy in her hands?!?!? Now you know why I needed the baskets!! She has turned out a little differently to the original, but that's the fun part about making hand-made bears and dolls - no two will ever look exactly alike!! Do you recognise the fabrics?? It's some of those worrisome pinks I bought a few weeks ago! They came up well, I think, and don't the colours look great against my apple green lounge room walls?! Now this Bonnie won't be moving into the Meares' Madhouse - she's off to spread strawberry happiness to someone else ... not telling who!! You'll have to wait and see! So ... I will claim Bonnie as my number 3 finish for Peg's Challenge, which ends tomorrow. Peg has posted photos of her NUMBER 7 FINISH!!! WOW! I'm not sure when Peg's been finding time to sleep, she has achieved so much in the last few weeks!! My only consolation is that obviously, Peg had even more fabric and partly made projects stashed in her sewing cupboard than I did! Tee! Hee! Hee! It's been lots of fun seeing everyone's finished projects. If you haven't already taken a little tour of some of the blogs of people who've been part of Peg's Challenge, you'd better hurry up! Pop over to Peg's Happy In Quilting blog, she has a link list in her sidebar. But make sure you make a cuppa first, cos there is LOTS to look at and admire!

Well, that's about it for me today. Mind you, it's enough to fool those people who've commented that they've come to expect two posts a week from me! Ha! Tricked you!! I only posted once last week and this is my third post this week - so far!! The week isn't over and my dancing buddy, Deb, and I are busy planning some weekend mischief, so there may be more updates before the end of the week - providing we don't get into TOO MUCH mischief! Tee! Hee! Hee! Until then, this is B3 signing off - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Bonnie is SO cute, Kris. Looks to me like you did very well in your stash enhancement task, and gosh, you've already used one item!

Have a great day. Speaking of weeks flying by, what about months and years? Can't believe it's almost August, and yes, our furnace is running again this morning. Summer?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Kris now she is just so cute...well done....

Carin said...

Kris is that Bananas in Pajhamas you are quoting? LOL!!!
I am green that you get to take a class with Lynette she is such a sweetie! I like Bonnie and you even got some pink in there ;O)
HUGS! Carin

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
I'm with you...who keeps stealing the mid week days??? I lose them every week. Funny how the Fridays are always there though....LOL

I love Bonnie too and now I know what the mini baskets were for. Congratulations on finishing another one of your 'To Do' list tasks.

Hope you and Deb have a fab weekend.
Be good!!
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Hey there Kris, just realised that you have a blog - yes, I am a little slow!!! =) Love your dolly - how sweet is she??!!! And what cute little baskets =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...