Tuesday 1 April 2008

Adoptions!

It's been a day of adoptions - well, actually, YESTERDAY was a day of adoptions, I'm just a day behind because of it! Oops! Story of my life! The first adoption was perhaps the biggest, as we agreed to become adoptive parents of a very active two year old. Her name is Lilly.


She is a Silky/Foxy cross - apparently!! Scott says she's got an "RSPCA advertisement face". Hmmm, not sure that's the sort of compliment a girl wants to hear! One of Scott's workmates is moving to Brisbane and as he and his wife are renting a house rather than buying, they found it impossible to find a dog-friendly rental property, so needed to find Lilly a new home. We had "SUCKER!" written on our foreheads ... No! No! No! I mean ... we are known to be animal lovers!! Yes, that sounds better! Tee! Hee! Hee! So, Lilly has come to live with us. I dare say there will be some adjustments to be made by all involved, particularly as both Lilly and Wombat - our 'other' furry child - have both been 'only children' up until now. So far, though, Wombat's not complaining too loudly, as we spent quite a lot of time in the yard this afternoon helping Lilly get acquainted with her new home, so Wombat got a REALLY good game of Frisbee. Here he is waiting eagerly for the next throw!


I'll no doubt keep you up-to-date with our future furry foibles!

Now the second adoption went the other way - one of my 'bearbies' was adopted out. Rose is one of the shabby chic bears I've been stitching and have added to an Adoption page on my web site. For a friend of mine, Deb from Newcastle, it was love at first sight, so Rose will soon be hitching a lift with Australia Post to move to Newcastle. Here she is.


The rose in the photo is one from my garden. My roses don't seem to get enough sun, so the blooms are few and far between, but I do love their vivid colours and perfume. And it was Rose's vividly coloured fabric that earned her her name, since it features old-fashioned roses! She's looking forward to meeting Deb and giving her lots of bear hugs. There are still some of Rose's sisters up for adoption on my web site if anyone is looking for a new family member.

Well, that's really all that's been happening in the Meares' Madhouse for the last couple of days ... OOOOOHHHH! Before I forget (again!) if you want a REALLY good laugh, head to Kerryanne's blog at Shabby Art Boutique and read about her recent holiday adventure, involving a washing machine and a bottle of laundry liquid - you've probably already got a clue about the gist of it, but you REALLY must read it, because Kerryanne is a wonderful storyteller!!! I told her that the reason I found it so funny (laughing out loud, tears rolling down my face, funny!!) was that it's usually ME that these things happen to, so I could completely identify with her dilemma!

So ... having come to the end of today's news update (sound like the evening news broadcast, don't I?! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I shall go and see what the furry children are up to. Til next time, Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

PS. Forgot to tell you all - Gail Pan of Gail Pan Designs (she designs and makes GORGEOUS creations!!) responded to me tagging her and has listed her 7 strange/weird/unusual factoids on her blog, so pop over to say G'day and have a read!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...